zondag 15 januari 2012

Meet Hazel & Mae ::: interview


Hazel & Mae is a wonderfull shop i discovered accidentally while hopping around on facebook a few months ago.
Meet Tabitha, the lady behind this shop in this interview.


What's your shop name? Where did it come from?
Hazel & Mae -  I wanted to find an old, vintage name for my shop that connected with me personally. Hazel... well, I've dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Mae refers to 'me' as Hazel is my 'alter ego'.


Who are you? Where do you come from?
My name is Tabitha (33), happily married and mom of a boy and 2 girls. We live near the beautiful city of Ghent, East-Flanders, Belgium. I'm intrested in an awful lot of things... love singing, piano, guitar, music, photography, sewing & creating things, interior design, fashion, travelling, Italian,...

What do you make/sell?
I sell vintage (inspired) 2ndhand & new clothing and accessories.
I'm also the 'creator' of Bea Bop Bunny.





When did you start your shop? 
Hazel & Mae started on facebook in January 2011 and the blog in May 2011.

Is this your only job?
No, I'm a part time administrative and creative employee, a fulltime mom and a housewife!

When did you realize you had this talent for making or searching up nice things?
I've always been creative in many ways and doing things like this. Last year I took my chance and I'm so happy with the results! Hope to make some progressive changes in the future... and who knows, maybe one day I'll have my own little vintage shop!

Where do you find inspiration?
Vintage inspired magazines, blogs, images,... When i buy pieces for the Hazel & Mae shop, I always buy things I'd wear myself. (The items that don't make it to the shop, make it to my own dressroom! J) I discovered those are the items that sell best! So yes, I got good taste!



What's one thing you would like to accomplish that you haven't yet?
My own little Hazel & Mae shop! But I'd also like to sew my own Hazel & Mae skirts and dresses... and who knows that'll happen in 2012!

What are your words to live by or favorite quote?
I like this one: 'Only great minds can afford a simple style'
Or this one: 'Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and having fun' - Mary Lou Cook
But I try to live by this 'golden rule': 'One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself'.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten