zondag 8 april 2012

Meet Crea-parels ::: interview

Hi there!
I would love you to meet a Belgian woman who loves to create some unique jewelry...
Yes! We do share the same hobby and i think it's great to get connected with other creative souls! Let's take a look behind the scenes and meet the woman who started with 'Crea-Parels'.

 What's your shop name? Where did it come from?
Crea-Parels. The name speaks for it self. “Crea” means creative – “Parels/Pearls”, because most of my creations include pearls.
Who are you? – Where do you come from?
My name is Jessy Mouton and I live in Oudenburg, near the Belgium coast. I was born and raised here. My mom makes clothes and my dad made furniture, there both very handy. The creativity was always in our family. As a child I played piano and I made a lot of drawings. Pencils and colors were always my favorite toys. 

What do you make/sell?
I make unique jewelry. This means one or a few of a kind. I make necklaces, bracelets, earrings, rings and I have a collection for children and a wedding collection. My mind keeps inventing new stuff. 



When did you start your shop?
Very recently I started to sell my creations (October 2011). Lots of people wondered why I didn’t sell my creations before. One day I had enough of it… no more place to stock my jewelry. I already gave away my creations to family, for a present, a birthday, to the teachers in school… but I still had too much to keep. I made the decision to take the next step : my hobby became an income and I started selling my creations. 

Is this your only job?
Before I started selling my creations it was pure a hobby.

I worked fulltime in human resources as a recruitment consultant and outplacement counselor. So u can imagine I had no more time to breathe. I’m so happy I took a new direction in my life. My kids really enjoy having there mom more often at home. I have two kids (a girl named Rani, she is 6 years – a boy named Jona, he is 4 years). My girl is blessed with my creativity, she likes to make jewelry with me. Now we have more time to tinker together, we make fun stuff or nice drawings. My kids are really happy now and there loving the extra attention. For me… I can only say, I’m really enjoying life right now and I do not regret my decision.

After a retraining I now work parttime as a technical ophthalmologist assistant. I combine it with my “Crea-Parels”. 

When did you realize you had this talent for making or searching up nice things?

As a kid I was born in a creative family so I was used of being creative myself. I always loved colors, pearls and fashion. As I grew older I wanted to have a hobby, something especially made for me. Then I found a course on internet to start making jewelry. I immediately fell in love with it and I never stopped. For a short time I followed a course to arrange flowers but I quickly stopped it because I knew my passion is making jewelry. I especially love it when I put a smile on people’s face when they wear my creations J. Last year I followed a course “color analysis” to expand my knowledge. 



Where do you find your inspiration?
A lot is created in my mind. Sometimes I keep breeding on my egg, sometimes it just pops in my head. I also get my inspiration in nature, when I go for a walk, when I go to markets or shops, on the internet, a specific color I see, a nice necklace someone wears… I also have the automatic response to watch at jewelry in shops, on people. I can’t explain, but it’s an attraction. Often women ask me where I keep finding my inspiration. I think it’s just the love of making jewelry that keeps me going. 

What is one thing you would like to accomplish that you haven't yet?

It’s just the beginning so I have a long road ahead of me. At least, I hope so. In all my jobs I’ve always been very ambitious, so this is no different. I always say “never say never” so I see what comes next. For the moment I’m busy making some advertising, mostly people telling to their friends, I have an open house sometimes to invite friends and family. Recently I dressed up my street window with jewelry and lots of walkers stop to have a look. Sometimes I go to an organized market to sell my jewelry. 

What are your words to live by or favorite quote?
“Colors bring more joy to your life”

“Smile is the key to happiness”

“Never say never”

Why those three? I love color, I have dark hair and I love wearing colors, everybody should at least have some color in there wardrobe cause it brightens up your life.

I smile a lot and I always see the positive things.

Never say never, cause life is a big buffet and u have to taste everything! J

 Where do you know ‘Eline S.’ from?
I know Eline S. from facebook and from her Etsy shop. She’s a very creative girl and makes nice jewelry herself. Keep up the good work!






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten