maandag 21 mei 2012

Meet Jessica from Coolcorc ::: interview

Coolcorc is this month's large sponsor and I'm so happy that I met Jessica and her beautiful shop. I would love to show you my interview with her aout herself and her shop.


What's your shop name?
CoolCorC
Who are you? – Where do you come from?
My husband and I both design for and operate CoolCorC. I am an architect and mom and reside in Knoxville, Tennessee USA

What do you make/sell?
I utilize cork in all of my accessory designs. I offer reusable cup sleeves, purses, wallets, clutches, and more accessories out of cork fabric, agglomerated cork and cork paper.


When did you start your shop?
I started making my cork accessories in 2010 and sold them at our local Farmers Market. My designs become so popular that I couldn’t keep up production. So, my husband and I decided to have our most popular items manufactured. I continue to hand make a number of the designs, as well as new ones, and have them available on our Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/coolcorc. Our manufactured items are available on our website: www.coolcorc.com


Is this your only job?
Nope – I am also a mom and architect.


When did you realize you had this talent for making or searching up nice things?
My mom taught me how to sew, crochet and knit by the time I was 8 years old. When my husband and I were thinking of creating a reusable sleeve in 2008 we sourced cork fabric. As soon as we received the samples of cork fabric I was compelled to make something. I started small and then moved up to our larger accessories. I love working with cork!


Where do you find your inspiration?
We use to live on a sailboat for 6 years – so I find my inspiration for an accessory to have more than one use and be pleasing by the craftsmanship found in our sailboat. My architecture background is definitely another avenue where I find inspiration because architecture can have useful simplicity and still be very awe-inspiring.


What is one thing you would like to accomplish that you haven't yet?
To have my designs available in more stores – my products are currently available in Knoxville and Sacramento but I would like to expand. My cork accessories are also available online.


What are your words to live by or favorite quote?
There are a lot of words to live by. I suppose the best for me are: Treat others as you would like to be treated.


Where do you know ‘Eline S.’ from?
I am very fortunate to have had Eline S. contact me through my Etsy site. She is extremely personable and I appreciate her support.



Jessica,
CoolCorc

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten