dinsdag 10 juli 2012

Meet An-sofie from AVD photography ::: interview

I do have some amazing sponsors this month!
Did you already give them your love by taking a look at their blog, give them a comment,... ?
You'd be the best follower ever! ;)

This month I would like to introduce you to someone from my class.
She is passionate about making photos, especially concert photos. An-Sofie would like to tell you more about her herself and her hobby in this interview.


Who are you? – Where do you come from?

My name is An-Sofie Van Damme (no, I'm not related to the actor Jean-Claude) and I live in a small town outside of Bruges, called Oedelem. Yes, this is in Belgium - you know, the place known for its chocolates and french fries (and still, they're not french). I'm a very outgoing person who likes to know everyone and everything. I especially like talking to tourists about their home country and places of interest. My aim is to see the world (with my camera as my right hand), enjoy life to the fullest, discover new (and old) places and make them immortal by shooting them on camera.


What do you make?

I'm an amateur photographer. I mostly shoot concerts (especially metal concerts) but also events and photoshoots for own use or as promo material. I have a special interest in old, empty and deserted buildings (mostly for industrial buildings) so I do some urban exploring as well.

When did you start your hobby?

My hobby started when I was asked to accompany a friend to a festival. He had to write a review and asked me if I wanted to take pictures. And so it began... with my old - pretty useless - camera I stood between a couple of skilled photographers and was fascinated by their work. I experimented with different angles and lighting and enjoyed taking good, sharp pictures. It gives me a certain satisfaction when you can freeze a moment of people - musicians - in action. I started reading, discovering that a picture is unique when it tells you a story, when there is no extra information needed to understand what is intended by the photo. Every picture - for me - has a certain emotion. And it is a great way to combine my hobby and my favourite kind of music!



Is this your only hobby?

Photography is my main hobby. Going to concerts and festivals is highly on the list as well, so it's really nice to be able to combine them. I used to dance classical ballet, but I intend on starting things up again next year. Other than that, I use my time to study. I study Tourism - and Recreationmanagement and currently finishing my second year (one more to go!). I adore Norse Mythology so I'm writing my thesis around that subject. In july I'm going to explore Norway myself and ofcourse my camera will be accompanying me.


When did you realize you had this talent for making or searching up nice things?

When there were a lot of good comments on the first show I shot (when I found out I actually enjoyed taking pictures), I started to get myself familiar with the matter. I started doing more shows and by the time I got myself a new camera, I was on my way to shoot one of the biggest metal festivals in Europe; Hellfest.



Where do you find your inspiration?

Mostly, my inspiration comes from requests and assignments to shoot festivals (not a lot of inspiration is needed when shooting bands). In that area, my aim is to make a difference with the pictures you take, please the band, please yourself and please the crowd that want to relive the moment. When doing shoots, I like my pictures telling a story, so I think of a nice location and what it might tell with different people in it. When I have an idea for a picture, I write it down and once a month I look it through.

What is one thing you would like to accomplish that you haven't yet?

There are a couple that I would like to accomplish, starting by getting printed in a magazine. I would also like to learn how to actually develop a photo - in a dark room, and if I have enough interesting work, I would like to hold an exposition of my work, printed on canvas.



What are your words to live by or favorite quote?
"Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints."
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - O. Wilde
"There will be no order, only chaos." - Pi (1998) D. Aronofsky

Where do you know ‘Eline S.’ from?

Studying the same thing, Eline S. has become a classmate and friend of mine. When I saw her work, I was pretty excited about it. I like the cute jewelry that she makes and own a couple of things myself. I think her work is refined, yet simple. Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks that way because many people like her work and love wearing it. I know I'm definitely not done buying her lovely stuff!


1 opmerking:

  1. 100th follower, woo hoo! Triple digits, go you! :)

    I LOVE this post! I'm so in love with photography, but just know nothing about it. I can't wait to finish school so I can take some photography classes on the side. This girl is great, "I'm not related to the actor Jean-Claude"--- AWESOME! Ha.

    Thanks for sharing the photog love with us!

    Sam
    http://all-of-the-stuff.blogspot.com/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen